Black fungus patient dies due to fall injury

Black fungus patient dies due to fall injury

[ad_1]

A day after surgery, the man went to the hospital bathroom all by himself and slipped into coma after hitting his head against the surface

Another incident showing the negligence of hospital staffers has come to the light. A 32-year-old man suffering from black fungus died after he slipped on the hospital bathroom floor. The man, who had undergone a surgery for black fungus a day ago, slipped into a coma after injuring his head due to the fall.

Giri (name changed), was admitted to a private hospital in JC Road after being diagnosed with Mucormycosis (or black fungus infection). His brother said that the doctors at the hospital did an amazing job with the surgery and other treatment but due to the negligence of the staff, Giri fell inside the bathroom and injured his head, due to which he slipped into a coma and died.

According to the brother, “Giri had called for the staff to assist him while using the washroom, but no one responded. Later, he decided to go alone. My sister-in-law had to rush inside and call for help but he had already injured his head and the doctors informed us that his right side has been completely paralysed. The staff there did not even want to touch him or other patients. We immediately rushed him to Bowring Hospital, but by that time, he had slipped into a coma. The doctors informed us that his infection was severe and had reached the brain. He died the next day.”

After his accident, we rushed him to Bowring Hospital. The doctors there informed us that his infection was severe and had reached the brain. He died the next day ­

–Victim’s brother

Giri’s family members were upset that he was helpless and no one went to assist him,that led to the accident. Bangalore Mirror attempted to reach out to the hospital, but there was no response from their end.

In another incident, an old woman had collapsed inside the bathroom of Victoria Hospital earlier this month when the covid patients had to lift her and shift her to the bed as no hospital staff was present inside the covid ward or near the rest room to assist the patients in need. The woman was later declared dead by the doctors of the hospital.

A volunteer coordinating with the patients’ family members, in arranging beds in hospitals and finding essential items for patients, said that it is necessary to have at least one person near the restroom to make sure that the patient won’t slip and fall or collapse inside. “No staff or ward boy is ready to touch any patient. Though they will be wearing PPE suits, they fear contracting the virus and ask the attenders to assist instead of them helping,” she said.

[ad_2]
Source link